Friday, May 4, 2012

May the Fourth Be With You! A Look at Her Universe (SWW)

As many of you know, today is National Star Wars Day (May the 4th be with you.  Get it?).  With that in mind, I'd like to take a moment to talk to you about Her Universe.  Her Universe is an amazing line of Star Wars (and now, SyFy Channel) merchandise, all for women.  Female geeks rejoice!  Even better, the line was started by Ashley Eckstein, the voice of Ashoka Tano on The Clone Wars.

I know this is probably the point in this post where you may be saying "Ok, but what does this have to do with Walt Disney World?"  Well, I'll tell you.  Her Universe merchandise, which is typically only available online, will be available at Star Wars Weekends this year!  Her Universe was also available at last years Star Wars Weekends.  I was so glad I bought my Padme Nouveau shirt (my favorite of my many Star Wars shirts) during week 3, because nearly everything was gone by week 4.  I saw Ashley wearing it at the 2009 Star Wars Weekends and was determined to own it.
Padme Nouveau Tee (from heruniverse.com)
The Her Universe line extends well beyond T-shirts.  In fact, Ashley announced several new products today (in honor of May the 4th), including a new racer back tanktop and an adorable hoodie fit for a certain princess.  I'm also happy to let you know that at least some of these new items will be available at Star Wars Weekends this year.
Princess Leia Hoodie (from Her Universe Official Fan Page on Facebook.com)


One of the things I love about Her Universe is that it really focuses on celebrating the female characters in the Star Wars universe.  Before Her Universe, the last Padme shirt I saw was from when  The Phantom Menace came out (1999).  Her Universe has two shirts, a pair of earrings, and a charm for a charm bracelet all devoted to her.  That's great for female fans who love her.

Her Universe is a great option for female Star Wars fans who are sick of shoping in the men's section to get their geek aparrel.  Ladies, if you are going to Star Wars Weekends this year, do yourselves a favor and check out Her Universe at the merchandise tent.  I don't think you'll be sorry.

For more information about the line, visit http://www.heruniverse.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment